Wednesday, December 19, 2007

2008 LiveStrong Challenge Dates Announced

Today the Lance Armstrong Foundation announced the locations and dates for the 2008 LIVESTRONG Challenge!
  • Portland, OR - June 29
  • Bay Area, CA - July 13
  • Philadelphia, PA - August 24
  • Austin, TX - October 25-26

Let the training begin. :)
I weighed myself this morning and was rather disappointed with the result. 217 lbs. So now I have 2 goals for August. First to complete the 100 mile ride in Philly. Second to show up for the ride weighing 190 or less. Losing 27 lbs isn't going to be easy but if I pull if off it will make the 100 mile ride that much easier. I guess I will start working on number 2 after the holidays. There's no way I would be able to control myself on Christmas.

Tonight I went to Kung Fu class. Well 2 classes. The first is a weapons class. I am currently working on a staff form. The second is Tai Chi. I love Tai Chi and feel so much better after a class. I try to make 3 -5 classes a week but for the past 3 weeks I have not gone. Just been feeling lazy since the cold weather set in. So Monday I said enough being lazy and went to class. Boy do you feel it when you take 3 weeks off, I was out of breath pretty quickly. The price you pay for laziness. I won't be taking any more weeks off for a while.

More to come.....

No comments: